dancing horses

dancing horses

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

In Which I Score Shiny New Boots!

I have to confess to a weakness for footwear.  Put me in any shopping district or mall and I can walk by most stores but am drawn to the shoe stores. To continue on requires a herculean effort of will. I also have the ability to find the most expensive pair of shoes in any store.  It's a gift. Or a curse, because I have limits on what I will pay. So imagine my excitement when I saw a flash sale on  nifty pair of boots on the Dover Website- Turffrider Sport Dress Tall boots. They were on sale for $99! I clicked through to the website and began to purchase. I was profoundly disappointed to find out that the shipping to Canada was more than double the cost of the boots.
I was annoyed.
yes that's me. 

I posted whine on FB. Which turned out to be a smart decision, no matter what the experts say

Because a friend of mine sent me a message that she was travelling to the U.S. soon to visit a friend and could bring them back. A few messages back and forth and arrangements were made. I bought the boots and had them shipped them to the U.S. address for a reasonable delivery fee. My friend picked them up, declared them at the border and then sent them to me. They arrived today.

Unfortunately kittens don't come as an extra
They are soft and supple- a combination of half-chaps and boots in one.
I love the design


tabs at the bottom and top for the zipper

gussets on either side of the zipper
I measured my calf three times to make sure- but yup I fit the 'regular calf size' (insert happy dance here that I'm no longer 'extra wide'!). And they fit like a glove. I am glad that I ordered a half-size up in the foot though. I have a wide foot and often have to go up a size.

I can't wait to start schooling in them.


15 comments:

  1. Those look great! I've never found a pair of riding boots that can cover my meaty calves and my wide feet at the same time. I'm always looking for ankle height slip on boots with 1/2 inch to inch heels for riding. I guess Facebook does serve us well sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its hard when you need a specific clothing item- the trick is to find it when you need it and/or can buy it.

      Delete
  2. They look really comfortable. I was checking those out because I could use an everyday pair and they actually make them tall enough for me. I hope you love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool, Teresa! I'm glad you and your friends were able to work out a way for you to get them without paying a hideous shipping cost. I had a pair of tall boots custom made and they were ready the day after I had fallen off a horse and broke my arm. That was the last time I have ridden English.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The boots are gorgeous. What a find. I would never dare to buy them without trying them on first. You are so lucky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was worried but I thought that at that price I could always resell and not lose money

      Delete
  5. Those look like the most comfortable tall boots EVER!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - they look comfy! And looks like no break in time - are they already dropping? wow!

      Delete
  6. This issue of shipping being so exhorbitant really P***ES me off! For Gawds sake, I want to buy your product not fund your postal/delivery system. Another one that bugs me is 'we don't ship to Canada'. WTF&*(ingF? We are not rated as a 3rd world country, and we are RIGHT NEXT DOOR to you, why in the hell wouldn't you want my dang $$? One more - okay they'll ship & the shipping cost is reasonable - then it hits the border and MY OWN country doubles the value for duty fees.
    Sorry about the rant - hot button issue for me apparently.

    Super nice looking boots though. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rant about it often! I find it very unfair too!

      Delete
  7. Those are gorgeous!! I'm glad you found a way to get them. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love the feedback.