Research in 'real world' is rarely perfect. There are too many variables and some are uncontrollable. This is particularly true with horses.
In my last post I had a lesson in my spanish saddle. I wanted to ride in my dressage saddle for the my lesson the next day because I was find that the both Carmen and I were better in the Spanish one. I wanted Shanea's opinion as to whether the dressage saddle was bugging her. If so then I would get the saddle fitter out. In my brain I was having this conversation with Ed:
Me: well you see dear the new saddle I bought has revealed that I need a new dressage saddle as well.
Ed: so you're saying that you bought a saddle and now, because of that you have to buy another saddle?
Me: pretty much.
As you know the lesson had been awesome and I was excited for Tuesday. However, the weather was very different. The wind was fierce (steady at 40 km/hr with gusts of 60). My lesson was after work and I had hopes that the wind would settle a bit.
It did not.
I got Carmen ready and, honestly, she was lit. I lunged her and went through our groundwork. She was really good but clearly ready to fly. When Shanea arrived I told her that I was not comfortable riding. Truth be told, I would never choose to ride in wind like this. It simply is not enjoyable. So we decided that Shanea would ride. That way we could evaluate the saddle and school Carmen.
I was glad that Shanea rode. Carmen was super tight but she was able to work her through it and get her to relax.
|you can see Carmen scooting away, |
but Shanea had her back in two strides