Here are the rules for this award:
- Thank the person that nominated you with a link to their blog √
- Add the picture in your blog √
- Copy these rules into your post √
- Add a link to this original post √ Original Christmas Tag
- Answer the 10 questions (you can add extra Christmas – related questions if you want) √
- Tag at least 3 other bloggers with links to their blogs √
- Have fun! √√√
I am not always good at doing these but I thought this might be fun.
1. What's your favourite thing about Christmas?
I love spending time with my family. Every year we have the Annual Arab Family Wii Sports Tournament. I am not very good at a lot of the games but it's fun. A lot of times I get to ride on Christmas day. It may not happen this year but that's okay. I love the morning in the barn just with the animals and enjoying the peace.
2. What's your favourite Christmas Memory?
I can't pick any. There are a lot of special small memories that I treasure:
- My mom always used to buy me a tin of Quality Street Chocolates. I miss that small gift more than anything.
- One year we had a storm that knocked the power out so I cooked the turkey on the BBQ until it came back on.
- Not my memory but a family story that one year a massive storm stopped all travel and my grandfather went to the local bus station and invited everyone who was stuck there to the house for Christmas dinner. I admire that more than anything- he was the most generous person I knew
- Ed and making ornaments for our own first Christmas tree. We had no money so this was all we could do. I still have many of them and they go on the tree.
- The first Christmas I had Irish at home in my very own barn.
3. Are there special traditions your family has for Christmas?
Other than eating and Wii tournament, not really. Of course there's always me sending Ed back to the grocery store for one more item- that's becoming a thing.
4. What's your Christmas wish?
No idea really. An indoor? Peace on earth? To have everything be ready at the same time for dinner?
5. What's your favourite Christmas dish?
Um, everything. I make Cinnamon buns for the morning (oh wait, maybe that's a tradition?).
6. What's your favourite Christmas Decoration?
I have so many special ornaments it's hard to choose. I have old ones that were my in-laws, ones for my children's first Christmas etc. I always try to pick up an ornament when I travel so I can remember. Essentially decorating the tree is a trip down memory lane. I just ordered these and they arrived:
Made by a friend out of clay it's Guinness and d'Arcy. I love them. Next year I will order ones of the horses.
7. What's your favourite Christmas Song?
Hard to choose. I have always loved 'Oh come all ye faithful' and 'I'm dreaming of a white Christmas' but it's probably Snoopy's Christmas song'
8. Where do you usually celebrate Christmas?
At home. It's hard to leave with the horses so I try to stay home. Every now and then I think it would be fun to go to my sisters to see the chaos or to go south. Anyone want to spend christmas in a farm house with just a few animals to look after?
9. What does Christmas Spirit mean to you?
Loaded question, but for me it's less about the religious aspect and more about the kindness. I hate hearing people complain about how much work it is- do less. Honestly, if it's not fun don't bother. No one wants to spend Christmas with a martyr.
10. Who would you want to spend Christmas with?
My family. And the ones I've lost.
I'm going to follow the rules and nominate three bloggers but only do it if you want. Do not feel obligated!
1. Emma at http://fraidycateventing.blogspot.ca
2. Annette at https://aspenmeadows.blogspot.ca
3. Olivia at https://diyhorseownership.com
Merry Christmas everyone.