dancing horses

dancing horses

Monday, April 17, 2017

The Gift

Life is often busy and mundane. Other times it is stressful or overwhelming or heartbreaking.

And sometimes the universe sends you a gift.


For me it was this weekend. I'm sitting here trying to figure out what to type so that I can convey the deep seated contentment and happiness that I am feeling without sounding like some sort of inspirational poster. Or that I'm drunk. Or a drunk person writing inspirational posters. 'Cause what could go wrong with that?

It's not always easy to enjoy the moment- worry about work or that something awful will happen can interfere with enjoying the now. I try very hard to not do that. Yes it might rain tomorrow but it's not raining now and worrying won't impact the chance of rain. Rather then rehash my entire 4 day weekend in detail I will just share some of the reasons why it was so lovely.

The Weather was incredible. The sun was shining and it was warm every day. This meant that there was a lot of time spent outside. I ended each day dirtier then when I started and that makes me happy.


the place restores my soul

Ed and I were able to spend time eating and drinking with family and friends. It was Alec's birthday this weekend and we celebrated it with Ed's mother and sister. It was a great time. On our way back from the city we watched the temperature climb from 10 degrees to 22. 

I was able to ride every single day. Like four days in a row. Cynthia rode with me once and then Ashley. My friend Karen came today and she helped Carmen and I work on some things. Overall my rides on Carmen were terrific. She's really starting to listen and try to figure out what I'm asking rather than freaking out or shutting down. 


Our partnership is continuing to grow and that makes me happy. I love being able to ride regularly again. After today my core was burning and so was Carmen's (or so she told me). But we were pretty happy with each other. At the end of the ride I rode her across the bridge and she crossed it without batting an eye. I hopped off and let her graze. 

look how dark he's getting. 

I could not be happier with this puppy. He's smart, funny and loveable. 

loveable? Are you sure? I find him irritating


 I sometimes feel that I'm trying to fit everything in and it's hard to enjoy the moment. I think that was the greatest gift of this weekend- time. It was a gift to have the time to ride; time with my children, my husband and my friends; and time to play with my dogs. 

Time to be. 






28 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had such a good weekend, we all need those every now and then to recharge the soul :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As it should be. Our weekend was pretty full of good things as well. Added benefit that predicted rainy weekend wasn't at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! I could have dealt with it if it did rain but it was nice to not have to. :)

      Delete
  3. It does sound like the perfect weekend. Love the pictures of Guinness. He's really getting big. I'll be D'arcy thinks he's a pain in the butt though. Hope you have another great weekend coming up and enjoy the warmer weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. d'Arcy tolerates him fairly well but at times he's not so impressed!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful weekend. That is a magical place to get to with a horse. I have total connection with Cowboy, but I'm still working towards it with Leah. Sometimes I wonder if you can have it with more than one horse at a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that you can connect with more than one at a time. I think that Leah just has her demons that she has to let go of.

      Delete
  5. Love this post :)
    Glad you had some wonderful rides and time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like an absolutely amazing weekend and you guys are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Guinness is one solid-looking pup! Always happy to see pictures of him!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Guinness is really darkening up! I love a dark coat on a shepherd.

    You and Carmen really look amazing <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love the sables! thank you for the comment. There are many photos where we look less amazing and more spazzy. :)

      Delete
  9. Such a good feeling! And Carmen looks fantastic in those pics! I live for that quiet but consuming feeling of contentment ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you had a wonderful weekend. It really is hard to be in the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a perfect sounding weekend. When all the ingredients come together, weekends like that are just so good for the soul. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. "sounding like some sort of inspirational poster. Or that I'm drunk. Or a drunk person writing inspirational posters. 'Cause what could go wrong with that?" I feel like this is my blog lol.
    This post speaks to my soul! (see above as how I comment as well!). I love ending the day dirtier than I started. It means I was at the farm, spent time with horses and dogs, got stuff done, am gloriously tired at the end of it, and will sleep well.
    I got to ride every day too! Yay for you and C!!! It has been fun for me to see how much she has grown mentally and emotionally since I started following!
    That pup has grown so much!
    Love the time to be. That is great. Good for you for being in the moment and finding and enjoying the time to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy your blog and how thoughtful you are. There's nothing like the dirt and tiredness from physical work.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much! That really means a lot to me!!!

      Delete
  13. <3 hearing this!!! Enjoy it! You and your girl are looking fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Summed it up there quite nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes! The days are getting nice. I'm so excited to ride almost every day! You and Carmen look great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love the feedback.