dancing horses

dancing horses

Thursday, July 11, 2024

Too Hot to Trot

 


Carmen: oh my god woman have you not looked at the forecast? There's a heat warning out. Why are we even standing here. 

Me: well it's not really hot yet and I figure we could get some work in. 

Carmen:  *sigh*

Me: Remember you're a desert horse

Carmen: Virginia? I don't remember any deserts there.....

Me: I meant your heritage and, for the record,  your mom was from Spain. 

Carmen: Well  I'm a Canadian now, used to cold winters and mild seasons. Not a humidex of 39! 

Me:  And we don't have to work hard, there's no need to be spicy. Just sayin'

Carmen: I swear you don't even know me.....


*Editors note: Carmen was fine, with a couple little tests. We were able to get our work done and cool off. 

**Carmen's note: I'm always fine. I just didn't feel like making her work too hard, she seemed awfully warm and I didn't want her to have heat stroke. You're welcome. 

8 comments:

  1. Very considerate of Carmen to look out for your best interests!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was nice of Carmen. Tweed has been insisting we keep working, into the heat, and that I work as hard as he does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol i'm with carmen, this heat is a drag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s so humid. I’m glad there are no dressage shows right now.

      Delete
  4. It is so freaking hot here but Mae refuses to enjoy rides under the covered arena - girl is insane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carmen doesn’t mind the heat either. But I suspect it’s way hotter where you are.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love the feedback.