dancing horses

dancing horses

Monday, February 18, 2013

What have you done with me lately?

I find that the more I do with Steele the more attached he gets. When I came back by being away Steele seemed to ignore me. However, I've been spending time brushing him and doing other things and he's back to being my shadow. :)

He's getting used to wearing a bridle and bit. I figure that if he wants to chew on things he might as well chew on that for a while.

Sunday it poured rain. It was cold and sodden and generally dreary. It was too wet to let the horses outside. To amuse the horses I gave them both an extended grooming session. As I was brushing Steele I could see how he's filled out. I weighed him- he now weighs 1017lbs!!! Irish weighs 1090. So I suspect that he'll be bigger than Irish soon. His height is 15'1+ at the whither and 15'2+ behind.

Today I was at work at meetings all day. When I came home Ed had already brought them in and fed them. When I went out to tuck them in Steele was more interested in following me around than eating his hay. For him that's a minor miracle- he does love his food.

I don't think that he'll be a horse that will tolerate neglect....

1 comment:

  1. Chrome does that a little. He just acts a little distant and a little pushy when I've been gone, but it doesn't take long at all to turn him back into a puppy dog and get him light and moving away when I ask again thank goodness. :) I actually think Chrome is going to be one of those horses who can go months without doing anything and still pick right back up where we left off, but I don't know for sure yet since all we do when I ride is walk around a bit lol. I'm glad Steele is back to being your shadow. :) I hope your weather improves soon. We've had icky rainy weather too...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love the feedback.