dancing horses

dancing horses

Wednesday, June 8, 2022

How Does this Work Again?

 Well, time really does fly when you are registered for the first show.  

Especially when you haven't shown in 3 years. 

Carmen: don't worry I got this

I had a moment of 'what the hell was I thinking' earlier this week. 

But now I'm just trying to figure out what I need to pack. 

Like how many snacks would be reasonable? Should I pack beer or buy it when I get there? 

I've been trying to not fret too much or drill the tests. 


Which of course means I am now worried that I haven't done enough. 

It's too late for that now. And really, there's literally no point is worrying if I did too much or not enough, am I right? 


My little slice of heaven

And, if I'm being completely honest, I feel that we are pretty solid in our work right now. 

We have the potential to lay down some pretty solid tests. 

As long as we can keep it together. 

Okay, as long I can keep it together. I need to make sure I don't pick-pick-pick or get into a fight or back off too much. 

I need to remember what I've been learning in my lessons and stay the course. 

airborne (but in a good way)

So we'll get ready and I'll haul out on Friday. I'm excited to be back in the ring. I'm also excited to show with my friends and hang out with them. Together we will share in the triumphs and tribulations of horse showing. We will also probably share a couple drinks and probably ibuprofen. 

All clean - please stay that way....



18 comments:

  1. yeah team carmen! show off that pretty half pass! good luck! and enjoy 🤩

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!! I can't wait to hear about your show!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m so excited for you!!! Here’s hoping all the packing and traveling goes smoothly, please take lots of pictures too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exciting! You’re ready for this! You and Carmen have been together for a long time, hold onto that partnership above all else as you enter the commotion. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ed told me thst this is the first show that I seemed relaxed about

      Delete
  5. Go and have fun with your girl! Pack more than you will need so you just do not have to worry about it! Best of luck and we all look forward to celebrating y'all when you post back, no matter what! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s a good plan. I’ll just load up the truck!

      Delete
  6. Yay! I'm so excited for you guys! Have lots of fun and don't stress too much!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love the feedback.