dancing horses

dancing horses

Friday, December 7, 2018

Crown Jewels



I had an amazing lesson to blog about but that will have to wait.

You see I had a number of factors coalesced into making me helpless in the face of temptation.

#1: Carmen broke her turquoise browband

#2: Riding has been near impossible with the weather.

Which leads to me spending more time on the internet. Which leads to:

#3. I stumbled across Canadian Custom Bling Browbands. She makes them herself and will do custom orders/colours.

Carmen, as a grey horse, can wear anything. She is my first mare. And I find myself being drawn to pretty things for her. I especially like her in purple.

I saw this on her FB page and was smitten:
I mean, can you even resist this? 

I sent a message to see how much it was. Turns out that it was $105 CAD delivered. That seemed reasonable. So I sent her a e-transfer and within 3 weeks this arrived.

I knew it was going to be pretty but the quality of it was even better than I anticipated. It came with extra jewels and care instructions. She will even repair it if you mail it back to her. 

Of course I wanted to try it out on her. I put it on her bridle and tried to take some photos in the barn. 

 
Me: C'mon, Carmen put your ears forward so I can take a photo. 
Carmen:  I don't want to. 
Me:  Fine. Let me get a close up. 

ignore grumpy mare ears
I decided to get Shanea to help. I figured she could take a photo when I was riding. 


At least now her ears are forward. I have to say that she looks great in her new tiara. 








24 comments:

  1. Hi Teresa! That's awesome! Thanks so much for sharing! She looks lovely in her tiara! Great Blog! Carolyn at Canadian Custom Browbands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely! A tiara fit for Queen Carmen 😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She makes teal ones......just sayin’ 😇

      Delete
    2. I have quite a few teal blingy browbands already 😂

      Delete
  3. It's beautiful! Every girl needs a little bling and Carmen looks gorgeous in anything. Can you tell I have a soft spot for greys?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I strongly suspected that you like greys. 😁

      Delete
  4. Very pretty! She looks like she’s right out of a fairytale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Sometimes it feels like one. Not always sure which one of us to s villain.

      Delete
  5. You've got to buy the matching stock pin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg. That picture of you two is the cutest!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SPARKLES!!! That is seriously so pretty. I’ve been wanting one with the pearl like beads but it looks like PS of Sweden is discontinuing a bunch of their brow bands so I’m out of luck for the time being.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m sure you could get one made where I got mine from

      Delete
  8. She looks pretty darn fancy!! Love the colors and love the over abundances of bling - it looks pretty awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. She has strong enough features to pull it off I think!

      Delete
  9. oooooh it's so pretty, i love it!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. Thank you! She does really nice work, not all of it is so, um, sparkly....

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love the feedback.