dancing horses

dancing horses

Wednesday, April 10, 2024

A Day in the Life of a Farm Dog

 Me: Hey Guinness, I have some special news! 

G: yes? Is it a new ball? I could really use a new ball. 

Me: No, it's not a ball (G: awww), you are getting a new assistant! Isn't that wonderful?!

G: it would be nice to have some help around here, I have a lot of work on my plate (**see if you can spy the special object**):

I have to keep a close ey on the horses to make sure they stay in the paddock


Then there's helping you with the hay. 


I have to patrol the perimeter multiple times a day.



It is important to keep the barn clean. 



And the stalls need to be mucked out. 



Guarding the parked tractor so no one steals it (Mom leaves the key in it, can you believe it?!).



Manure management is a big job. 


It might be my favourite job. 

 I really take my work seriously. 


Me: I am glad that I'm finally getting you some help! Her name is Cordelia and she's coming home next week. A puppy is a lot of work. 



G: I better rest up so I am ready


Me: Good idea. 

14 comments:

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love the feedback.