dancing horses

dancing horses

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

A Day in the Life of a Puppy

Hello everyone, Guinness here. I heard that some of you are asking how I'm doing (especially Farm Buddy who understands that a blog without a dog has no real point), so I thought that I would tell you.

Mom is on va-ca-shun right now. Which is great- she spends more time with me then at this thing she calls 'work'. I don't really know what 'work' is but she spends too much time there.

The birds wake me up at sunrise, but I'm a good dog so I don't make any noise. Soon I hear mom and d'Arcy coming downstairs. d'Arcy goes outside and then mom lets me out of my den. I don't know why d'Arcy doesn't wait for me- this means I have to go looking for him to say good morning. He barks at me to settle down but how can I do that? I just got up. Mom calls him 'grumpy' but he's not grumpy- he's d'Arcy. He does sound more grumpy when I realize that he and Dad are sleeping in. I go running up and pounce on them. Then both dad and d'Arcy are barking at me. Mom says that the lazy bones are upstairs. But I've looked and never found any bones. I think she's confused.

wait d'Arcy! I have said 'good morning yet!'
 Mom feeds the giant  beasts she calls 'horses' and I make sure that everything is okay inside and out. Then it's time for BREAKFAST! I love breakfast. Mom drinks her coffee and I nap a bit. Then we go for a walk around the pastures. She goes a lot slower when she brings her black click box but that gives me more time to try to catch the tiny butterflies. One day I will get them.


This morning Mom took the black click box into the pasture with the horse-beasts. I don't like it when she does that- they scare me and I think she's in danger. I know that I'm not allowed to go in the pasture so I stay outside and let her know by my look that I do not approve of this.

how can she get so close to these horse-beasts? 

Since I am a farm dog I help her with all the chores. I bring her distractions like balls and things 

playtime is important too you know

Mom sometimes puts me in my den for a 'nap'. She comes back smiling and smelling of the gray horse-beast. d'Arcy says she's 'riding'. I have seen her sit on the gray horse-beast. It was very freaky. 

But after, we go walking to the lake and I LOVE the lake. I swim and catch sticks. It's so much fun and I never want to leave. I try to keep mom there longer by staying in the lake and not coming out. She can't go in the lake. Maybe people can't swim? Also, what are 'leeches'?  


Mom is like me and loves to be outside. She sometimes naps and I have to guard her. After all it's a very important job. 

don't let my pose fool you- I am fully alert. Really. 
So that's what I've been up to. I am growing and learning about my responsibilities. 

I call this my noble dog pose. 
But I am still a puppy at heart. 

I miss Ripley. She needs to visit soon so we can play





24 comments:

  1. Great to hear from you, Guinness! You are really growing up! I am very glad to see you are having so much fun! You are extremely handsome and smart too! Too bad you can't have a run with Bess, Connor, and Kelsey! I think they would really enjoy your company, although Scout wouldn't, but he would just ignore you! I hope you keep in touch frequently!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guinness says 'thank you. And of course Scout would love him. He's very lovable.

      Delete
  2. 😍😍😍 ohhhh Guinness. Good to hear from you. Sounds like an idyllic life for a farm dog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate to break it to you, but he doesn't look like a puppy anymore. He's certainly turning into a very handsome GSD though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's still 6 months and has a bit more to grow

      Delete
  4. Guinness is beautiful and very smart! I think he's got the most perfect place to be a puppy with people and friends who love him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Noble dog pose is my favorite. Also, I want to come nap on your porch now - it looks so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's mine too. And I do love my deck with its zero gravity chair

      Delete
  6. Time flies and he's looking all grown up now! He seems very connected to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is becoming quite connected. Which is what I wanted. I wonder if that's why he and Carmen aren't so keen on one another.

      Delete
  7. I am glad you finally got to write some Guinness, I was afraid you were being forgotten about!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! He has grown into a handsome dog! That noble pose...............please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he's pretty handsome. I've been doing some work to get him to be less serious

      Delete
  9. lol! Noble dog indeed! Man, he is huge already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's getting there. It will be fun to see what he looks like once all his parts fit together.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love the feedback.