dancing horses

dancing horses

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

PUPPY

We picked up the newest addition to the family. Ed and I drove to the pick up location at the airport and met up with the family taking my dog's brother. As soon as we opened the crate he ran up to me.
Oh my god he was so adorable.

I put on his new collar but it's too big. I thought I had bought one that was small enough and it won't be too big for long but I was worried that he could pull out of it. I did a short walk and he didn't pee and I was worried about him getting loose so we decided to get in the car and head home.

On the way he was quiet and then started to howl. I think that he had to pee but I was more worried about him getting lost then the pee so we kept going. When we were about half-way home I felt my lap get really warm. He had peed on me. He looked at me with his warm brown eyes and promptly fell asleep.


When we got home I gave him some food which he gobbled.

the only time he was still enough for a photo

I know that I'm biased but I believe that he's the most adorable puppy ever.


d'Arcy is behaving as expected- which means that he's enthralled and has assumed babysitting duties right away. When we went outside he was trying to introduce the newest member to sticks and dropped it on him. That did not go over well with puppy so I put the stick up.

I brought him out the barn and put him in the crate I set up there. He howled blue murder and the horses were riveted. Irish wanted to go check it out. Carmen looked interested and not freaked out. I told her that she wasn't the baby anymore.

 The puppy has peed on the floor twice and pooped. Every time I go outside he's only peed once but we'll get the hang of it. Now he is in his crate howling blue murder again but I believe that he will settle. He has toys, a kong and can see us (d'Arcy and I. Ed is at Wal-Mart buying a new collar). I do suspect that it will be a long night. Tomorrow I will get out my good camera and take some shots.

Oh, what's his name?

Right. I forgot to tell you. Allow me to introduce you to Guinness.



My heart is happy. 

28 comments:

  1. He is adorable! Love his name too. When we first get puppies and they howl in the crate we used to put a loud ticking clock wrapped in a towel in with them. Supposedly, it sounds like mom's heartbeat and calms them down. Whether this is true or not I don't know but it does work sometimes. Good luck with Mr. Cuteness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be a great idea- if I actually owned anything that ticked!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful, beautiful puppy!! Great name too! When I get a new puppy and he howls, I immediately put the pup under the covers and hold them close. Of course this can become a pattern, as Scout is still under the covers each night, with his head on his own pillow, fourteen and a half years later, so you might want to follow Grey Horse Matters' advice!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I don't think that Ed and I can share a bed with two cats and a dog that's going to be 80-100 pounds!

      Delete
  3. Only a stone could not be swayed by puppies - puppy breath in particular. Handsome pup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Guinness!!

    Crate training is painful but so worth it. Hopefully he settles soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I vaguely remember from years ago. I think he will figure it out.

      Delete
  5. We always crate train our pups before we let them go off to new homes, just to save the new owners some headaches haha. But hopefully he settles down soon! He is super cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's getting better with it but still not super impressed. :)

      Delete
  6. What an adorable puppy! Love the name too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww how cute! I hope he settles in and puppy training goes fairly smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Preliminary signs show him to be very smart and very strong willed so I suspect it will have it's ups and downs

      Delete
  8. Congratulations! I hope you manage to get some sleep while the little one settles in :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I hope so- I'm no good without sleep

      Delete
  9. So cute! Puppies are the best but man am I glad we adopted adult dogs who were already house and crate trained :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sooooo cute , love the name. If you can, place crate next to bed at night. You can reach fingers in, let him know he's not alone (fingers will pierced). This also helps with bonding big time. Added bonus is, if he needs to go in the night!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow he is adorable!!! Will be a fun trip with him around now winter will go so fast :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The perfect start to a beautiful friendship:) Welcome Guinness.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah, I love puppies. Congratulations! When we brought Riagan home, the breeder told us to sleep with her for the first couple of weeks. She liked to spoon! After a couple weeks, though, she had acclimated and was good to go out on her own.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Puppy!!!!! He looks adorable! (:

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG. Puppy!

    No. No! I don't want a dog or a puppy. I have NO time and I wont be swayed by adorable faces.

    Congrats on the new addition. He's adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love the feedback.