dancing horses

dancing horses

Saturday, February 25, 2017

I Get By....



Thank heavens for my friends. They are helping me to occupy myself while I count down to the GREAT PUPPY PICK-UP. Tuesday around 6 pm is when the plane is scheduled to land.

Last night we were curling and our skip was sick. I took over as skip and we were tied in the last end. I had last rock and I  had to make a shot to win the game. And I did. It was a sweet win.
Add caption


Today I met up with my good friend, Karen at Bits N' Bridles tack shop. They were having an Anniversary sale. I found a few things that were clearly needed in my life:


I always buy bell boots for Irish when they are on sale since he goes through them like, well like a horse that has to wear bell boots all the time.

I fell in love with the saddle pad. It's not that I have a saddle pad problem, it's just that this one was so nifty. I loved the air dry quality and the reinforcement where there billets go was a nice touch. I think the it will look really snazzy on Carmen this summer.

It's hard to see, but there's a fly bonnet there too- the ears were stretchy and I thought that would be better. Irish's bonnet is getting pretty worn. The boots were great- I have to wear rubber boots but when I'm working for a while in the barn they are not comfortable. These are Noble Outfitters and after wearing them once I love them.

The puppy toy was inevitable and the owner threw in the treats as a gift to the new dog. I love local service.

After the retail therapy we went for lunch and had a great time catching up. I then drove back home to play pickleball. This time there were others there and I got to play some 'real' games. I was nervous at first because I only tried it last week and I'm really not any good (not yet anyway). But everyone was kind and helpful and patient with my mistakes.

The weather has been gorgeous the past few days and my ring only has a shallow layer of snow. If this continues I might be able to start working Carmen again.

So rather then spend the day waiting for time to pass and lamenting on not being able to ride I managed to have a fun and busy day.

I should sleep well tonight. Now just 2 more nights after that....


26 comments:

  1. Awe, here's hoping the puppy arrival waiting time goes by quickly :) Loving the blue theme of your purchases too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do like blue for horse stuff- it looks good on any horse!

      Delete
  2. I hope breeder sends along a little something with the scent of home for pupster. It really helps on those first lonely nights away from Momma and litter mates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea that weatherbeata made saddle pads, it looks lovely! Great haul :) I can't wait for puppy pics!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know it either. I'm hoping that it will wear well.

      Delete
  4. Oh the waiting game!
    Lovely stuff to buy its so fun finding new horsey stuff

    ReplyDelete
  5. Weatherbeeta makes pads? I thought they only made blankets. I'm thinking of switching back to Weatherbeeta because I'm done with Horseware's poop catcher in the back. Now if either company would just design rain wear for PEOPLE, I'd be thrilled. Why is it my horse gets to be dry and I don't?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just found that out too. I haven't tried Horseware so can't comment on the poop catcher. :)

      Delete
  6. Retail therapy is best therapy ;) that saddle pad and fly bonnet are awesome - can't wait to see them in action, hopefully SOON!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We might actually look coordinated this year!

      Delete
  7. Love the bunnies curling - but can you explain pickleball?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I can try- it's a sport that is played indoors - a cross between ping pong and tennis: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pickleball

      Delete
  8. Now I can't wait for the puppy to arrive! Is it (he/she) a German shepher puppy? My favorite breed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he's a red sable German Shepherd. I cannot wait for him to arrive.

      Delete
  9. Really like all your purchases. Can't wait for the puppy to arrive either. Take lots of pictures. I love puppies as much as I love horses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure that there will be lots of photos...

      Delete
  10. Ooooh, shopping and new puppies, both very exciting things!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want that saddle pad. I had a weatherbeeta pad for years and it was great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to hear. I love the leather guards where the billet straps go- that's where most of the wear happens.

      Delete
  12. Waiting is so hard! Pickleball sounds interesting. About 2 Winter Olympics ago I became absolutely hooked on curling. I watched every game/match they aired.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love the feedback.