dancing horses

dancing horses

Saturday, January 4, 2014

The Day after

The blizzard ended yesterday around 4. We got a lot of snow. Ed went out and plowed the driveway so he could take our son to the airport and back to University. This morning I figured that Irish and Steele would be excited to get out after spending the day outside. So I brought my camera with me. I opened the door expecting to get lovely shots of them in fresh snow.

It was  a total flop. Irish sauntered out to the hay box and Steele moseyed into Irish's stall to clean up any hay he left behind. This was the most exciting thing I saw:





See how the snow stops about 4 feet from the barn? It certainly made my job easier than the last time when it was piled up 3 feet against their doors.

Anyway, obviously the ponies were not going to cooperate so I went into the house for my morning coffee. After Ed and my son left I grabbed the snow shoes and took the dogs for a walk. However, the snow was too deep to take them on my usual route. Even in my snow shoes I sank a good 5-6 inches with every stride. So we hung out in the woods where it was more shallow.
I give up. I can't really go any further


 On my return journey I came around the field to the top. Irish spied me and went to yellow alert. When he saw me in my snow shoes this was his reaction:

look at that hind end- it looks good to me! But he's still a big chicken

This was Steele's reaction:
hey, what's up with your feet? Let me see!


hmm, interesting. do they come in my size? I could really mess with Irish then!
 Horses are like people- all are very different.


2 comments:

  1. I miss running around in the snow on pony back. Your boys look so happy in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steele's reaction is totally how Chrome would have reacted!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love the feedback.