dancing horses

dancing horses

Friday, March 10, 2023

Let the Light In

There is a crack in everything, that's how 
the light gets in (Leonard Cohen)

 Things are beginning to look up. The vet has been calling me every day with updates:

Wednesday the X-Rays looked good and he was feeling good. 

Thursday the farrier came out and put on the shoe with the medical plate. He and my farrier have been in touch. They also began to reduce his pain meds. 

Friday (today) she called- he's doing great. They've stopped the pain meds and he can come home on Sunday! 


He'll need the dressing changed under the plate (about every 3 days) and some restricted turn out but that's all manageable. 

My friend Paula is coming over and we're heading over tomorrow to get him bright and early on Sunday. I really don't want to do a 5 1/2  hour drive, 1 hour at the vets and 5 1/2 hours home in one day. 

In other news: 
I was worried about Carmen being alone but she's been great. The first couple days I gave her trazodone but I weaned her off and she's being herself. A little lonely but not fretting. 

I've been beginning to celebrate my pending retirement. I've had a lunch and 2 dinners with various colleagues. It feels good to celebrate. I'm calling it the 'Teresa Farewell Tour'. 


I have worked with the best people.
Retirement is going to add 10 pounds I think


In a couple weeks Ed and I leave for a trip to Europe: Zurich to Paris on a river cruise. I am so excited. Even thought there's a lot I'll have to organise for Quaid, it feels like things are brighter. 

And in final, awesome news- my son is being posted back to Nova Scotia. We're all very excited.  Things are turning a corner. Finally. 



15 comments:

  1. Hooray, so much light brightening your life, Teresa! I'm so happy for you, for your horses, for your family....all GOOD!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for good news! I thought you’d retired already! Haha. You’re going to love it, and what a great way to kick it off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alleluia! Enjoy the peace and the upcoming trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. After the dark comes the light...
    Good news on Quaid! I hope he is over the worst of it all.
    Enjoy your cruise and having your son close!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your retirement! Glad Quaid is doing better & coming home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many wonderful things happening! If anyone deserves all the good news, it's you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about 'deserve' but I'll take it.

      Delete
  7. If you're stopping in Cologne, we should hook up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that would be amazing. I think that the closest we get is Trier.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love the feedback.