dancing horses

dancing horses

Monday, November 20, 2017

Accomplishments


A few weeks ago I received an email from our Provincial Association inviting me to an awards reception. At first I thought it was a generic one inviting all members but on re-reading I realized that they were saying that I had won an award. I spoke to Ed and we made plans to go (apparently if you need me to go somewhere just send me an email that I have won something). 

I actually didn't know what I had one and when I was sitting there listening to all the awards I thought that I had misunderstood the email and was going to have to explain to Ed that this was a mistake, but hey we had a nice day together. Plus we went to Ikea so it's really a win. 

Then I heard my name. Not once but twice:
Champion for my 'region' and Reserve Champ for the Province in
Training Level for the Provincial Scotia Series

I was, of course quite chuffed about the whole thing (NB: 'chuffed' is a word meaning very pleased).  But not because of the ribbons (although those are very nice and going on my wall) but about what they represent- the work that I put in. 

Back in January i wrote a post about my goals for 2017. I met all of them. Well, except for going to Hobby Horse but we did lots of other things. Carmen and I went off property to show, do clinics and to play. My main goal was to have fun with her and enjoy the experience. As the season unfolded we gained in confidence in ourselves and each other. 

So I will celebrate these ribbons- not because I won, but because I went out there and did the things.  And we totally slayed it. 

And didn't look half-bad either: 


one of my favourite things




43 comments:

  1. That is amazing! You absolutely deserve it. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Well Deserved, also I've always been fond of the word chuffed, wish we used it in american parlance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you could start a trend with the word. Being young and hip and all. :D

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! You certainly earned these and I am glad to see a prize go to someone truly deserving. You and Carmen are a great pair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. It is exciting. now to think about how to display them...

      Delete
  5. Congratulations! You deserve it, it’s so nice to be recognized and appreciated for the work that went into this award. I’m sure Carmen thinks they should be hung in her stall for how much she had to teach you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is awesome - congratulations on the pretty ribbons and especially on having such a major year of getting out and about with Carmen! It's been so great to see her rise up and be your partner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The ribbons are pretty and I will enjoy them. :)

      Delete
  7. A job very well done and a year well enjoyed it sounds like. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great year. Next year should be even more fun.

      Delete
  8. That's great news! You being skeptical about actually winning anything and then finding out that you won two awards is like when I have these dreams where I'm in a house and I can't believe it's my house, and then I discover a bunch of secret rooms that I didn't know existed. A great feeling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL you are right. It is an odd (but good) feeling!

      Delete
  9. Congrats! While you were already reaping the rewards of your hard work with Carmen, getting some sweet satin and recognition is also thrilling! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! Nice to get some pretty ribbons for all your hard work :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats - very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The progress you've made - your hard work and dedication - are inspiring. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations!! What an exciting milestone for you both! I totally understand how a ribbon/award can represent so much growth! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's funny how some ribbons mean more than others.

      Delete
  14. That is so cool!! Congratulations to you both - you guys worked hard this year.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow!! That is amazing. What a wonderful validation of all the time and heart you put into your work with Carmen. It’s equally impressive on her part!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so awesome! Goals written down and accomplished! Cant wait to see what you have in store for next year

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love the feedback.