dancing horses

dancing horses

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Clothes Horse

By some miracle I've made it to the final of Horse Hack's blog contest. For the final round we (me and hellomylivia) were asked write about how to save money with horses. If you click on the link above it will take you to my entry.

Which brings me to today's post. Carmen needed a new rain sheet. I had been making do with one that I had for Steele. Last year it was a close fit- this year it was definitely a bit small. A couple weeks ago I was on the Pleasantridge website looking for sales. I found a 1200 denier rain sheet for 89$. The catch was that you could only pick the size, not the colour. I looked at what the options were and figured that a grey mare could pull off anything.

I really like the horsewear blankets- they are reasonably priced and wear very well. I placed the order for that (and some other things). Today I was lunging Carmen when a truck pulled up. We went down and signed for the item and then carried on with our work.

In the barn Carmen was curious about the box:
A present for me? Can I eat it? 

I opened it up and found that we had received the black one. I was very pleased with the fit.

Do I look good? Check the box again, I'm sure there should be cookies in it. 
A little black dress never goes out of style. 



9 comments:

  1. While a little black dress never goes out of style, she really could have been rocking some fun colors and patterns! haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah- it was fun to not know. Part of me was hoping for the purple one....

      Delete
  2. And so slimming too. Not that sweet girl needs to look slimmer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha! She keeps eating the way she is and she might!

      Delete
  3. Every gal needs a sexy little black number to wear. She looks gorgeous in her new blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Black is always a lovely color, goes with every shade of horse!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love the feedback.