dancing horses

dancing horses

Thursday, June 8, 2023

Mamma Mia, Here We Go Again!

 Mamma Mia, Here I go again

My, my, how can I resist you?

Mamma Mia does it show again

Just how much I missed you? 


Tomorrow Carmen, Quaid, Julia and I are headed to a dressage show. Well, Carmen and I are showing. Julia and Quaid are hanging out. Quaid will be Carmen's emotional support pony and Julia will be mine. The truck and trailer are packed and ready to go. Tomorrow I'l throw the last few things and head out. 

essential packing companions: beer and music

I had a lesson today to review the warm up. It was great. Carmen was tight and I was happy to work through this with Jane as that's what is likely to happen at the show.  Jane showed no mercy getting us to work and for me to be clear in my aids. 


No holding, or freezing or negotiating. 


Just sit up and let Carmen know I'm here for her and we're going to be awesome. 


I have no big expectations for satin at this show. I just want to lay down and consistent and reasonable tests.  I want to ride a warm up that helps her to show off just how magnificent she can be. 

In other news,  I was looking through the cupboard and found this hat I bought at the Spanish Riding School in Vienna a few years ago. I totally forgot I bought it. 

the new lucky hat 

After the lesson I gave Carmen a bath. I let them in the back pasture thinking she wouldn't find a way to get dirty. I was wrong. So I decided that desperate times call for desperate measures. 


Carmen: you are so getting bucked off

It's going to be so much fun though. There will be a great group of people showing too so we should have a good time. 

Wish us luck. 



9 comments:

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love the feedback.