dancing horses

dancing horses

Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Mid-Summer Magic

 I am entering week two of my vacation. It has been a lovely mix of relaxation and social events. I like to say that I'm practicing the three 'R's: reading and riding and relaxing. 

Riding under storm clouds. They held off for the ride

Last weekend Ed and I went to a small town a couple hours away with another couple. It was wonderful. If you ever visit Nova Scotia I strongly recommend that you visit Annapolis Royal. It's a jewel of seaside town with great food, friendly people and artwork. There were pride flags everywhere.  I love that the town prides itself on it's inclusivity (pun intended). 

Our bedroom at the B & B 

Saturday morning farm market

one of my favourite houses in the town. There are so many! 

delicious wine and great hosts

we went to a local Moonshine place. Love the bottle on the left. 

Fort Anne- built in the 1700's

The pandemic has helped us to appreciate what is nearby rather than dream of far away places (even though we still have plans on that). 

Carmen and I are trucking along. At least I think that we're doing well. Carmen may have her own mare-pinions on that but she does seem happy. We even did another solo hack and no one died.  

I forgot my helmet so I asked her to stand here while I ran down 
to get it. She never moved while I was gone. 

I've been working on a special project as well. I will tell you all about it at some point. It's a big leap for me into something new. 

I have watched the dressage part of the olympics. I hope to catch up on the rest. I was inspired by many of the brilliant rides. I have some things to share about the keyboard warriors weighing in on the horse events. But that is a different post.  Can we talk about the Lusitanos for the Portuguese team? I am obsessed with this guy: 

Fogoso and Rodrigo Torres

This weekend a couple horse friends are coming and we will immerse ourselves in horses. I am looking forward to it. I shall try to emulate Carl Hester but not expect Carmen to be En Vogue! 




14 comments:

  1. I love your version of the 3 Rs and I'm so excited your having a nice time! I am also more than a little obsessed with Fogoso 🤩🤩🤩

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the best three Rs! And isn’t he awesome?

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a lovely beginning to your vacation! Enjoy week two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do enjoy having 2 weeks in a row.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful week! I LOVED that Lusitano, and was just very impressed with many of the dressage rides at the olympics. All that piaffe and passage! I think it's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Portuguese and the Spaniards always bring the prettiest Baroque horses; it makes me happy to see them every time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A little travel is good for the soul!! Looks wonderful!! And I can’t wait to hear about your new project! Enjoy your horse fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you're enjoying your vacation so far! Interested in your new project too. Have a fun rest of your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do my best to enjoy my vacations no matter the weather.

      Delete
  7. That town is just gorgeous!! I'm with you on Fogoso, too. He is just the cutest!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love the feedback.