1. Equetech Denim F/S Breeches
- made of durable denim so are perfect for riding and barn chores. You don't have to worry about picks or holes (unless you get really carried away with a pitchfork).
- High waist to hold 'things' in.
- comfortable to ride in
- the denim has no 'give' so can feel a bit confining in the waist. It helps to give support when riding but not so comfortable for sitting on the couch.
- The hips fit well and are even generous. The waist is a bit tight but it's not terrible.
If you like jeans you will like these. I quite like them and wear them often.
Another impulse buy (honestly, I can't be trusted in the winter when I cannot ride). I ordered 32 and they fit perfectly.
- the silicone gives a great grip without being over the top
- I love how they look
- sightly wind/rain resistant (which is key when you ride on a breezy hill).
- They give a bit of slimming effect with the lines.
- This is picky but I wish the waist was a bit higher but it isn't that bad.
- I wish Horze made a matching shirt. I bought one thinking it would match but it's a different shade of blue. I think if a company is going to make colourful breeches they should have tops that go with it.
I would definitely recommend these breeches (perhaps in more traditional colour) and will probably buy more.
When I was at the show I visited Bits N Bridles in the morning to check out the sales. These were marked down significantly and there was no tax. I tried them on (large) and was surprised at how well they fit. I had some concerns about the seat as it felt quite slick.
- feel like yoga pants.
- despite that they don't show all the bumps and bulges.
- The waist is perfect- it hits just at the sweet spot of the belly button.
- despite my worries the seat is not slippery at all. I would rate it as more grip then suede and less than silicone. Even when Carmen is bouncing around I don't feel that I'm going to slip out of the saddle.
- I rode in them in heat and in cold weather and felt comfortable both times.
- not really a con- I'm not sure how well the fabric will hold up- we shall see.
So there you have it. Three reviews of three different styles.