dancing horses

dancing horses

Friday, July 22, 2016

Ready for the Weekend

I've been busy getting organized for the clinic. I've probably been busier than I need to be but that's just how I roll. I hitched up the trailer and brought it up to the barn to get it packed. I saw Irish watching me suspiciously over the fence. He's an old campaigner and knows that something is up. When he got a bath he was sure.  Carmen is gleaming and loving all the attention.
This is my redneck washstand. 

 The trailer is packed, the feed is measured and bagged. I'm sure that I have far more clothes then I will need. I'm feeling very ready for this clinic. Yesterday I rode Carmen out of the ring and all around with no ground person. Just by myself. And it felt great. We stopped at the garden and Ed fed her carrots that he pulled. She thought that was pretty cool. Royce came last night and we worked on trailer loading- not that she's difficult but on getting her to self-load.

And, Cynthia surprised me with these:

How stunning are these? My farm name is embroidered on the other side. 

I'm starting to feel like a dressage diva. I will update you on the clinic but it might be a few days. 

9 comments:

  1. Those saddle pads are absolutely lovely! I hope you have a great time and learn a lot at your clinic, can't wait to read about it next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great surprise! :) Enjoy your clinic weekend. Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to hear all about the clinic! I agree, those pads are beautiful and such a nice gift :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun at the clinic. Love those saddle pads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pads are lovely! Have so much fun at the clinic :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful surprise!! Have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those pads are perfect. Your wash stand is fancier than mine. Though Grace s mortified of the hose.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so excited for you - can't wait to hear how it goes!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love the feedback.